Marketing Interns provide support in the Marketing Department to complete projects connected to the mission of the Fleet Science Center.
- Perform marketing research, including but not limited to conducting, tabulating and analyzing surveys, and preparing reports to communicate findings
- Track online coverage and website usage, as well as maintain social media platforms
- Draft press/media releases, media alerts and targeted story pitch letters
- Assist with creation of newsletters and graphics
- Conduct promotions, to include contacting outside organizations/companies
- Assist with planning and conducting special events
- Provide administrative support
- Occasionally, participating in on-site or in-studio media events, which can occur in the early morning, evening or weekends
- College students, pursuing a degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or Business Administration or other related field; high school interns may also be considered
- Outgoing, with strong oral and written communication skills
- Previous administrative or general office experience, preferred
- Reliable, punctual, honest and friendly
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Demonstrate outstanding attention to detail and follow-through
- Able to multi-task and maintain professional demeanor at all times
- Capable of working independently, as well as in a team environment
- Minimum age: 16
Interns are asked for a minimum service commitment of eight weeks, with five or more hours per week, generally between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. Occasional work may be required during evenings, early mornings or weekends.
All interns participate in the Fleet’s orientation program. Interns also receive training based on individual projects in which they may be asked to participate.
Marketing Intern Impact
Marketing Interns play an integral part in helping to communicate the Fleet’s programs and mission to prospective guests and supporters. By supporting the Fleet’s communications, there will be increased understanding and awareness of our mission, activities and needs.