The Reuben H. Fleet Science Center, the popular hands-on science museum located in beautiful Balboa Park, is seeking an enthusiastic, responsible, and experienced teacher to become part of our Education team as a Part-Time Science Educator.
General Job Description:
This position will teach science workshops, outreach programs, School-in-the-Park classes, spring and summer camps, Girl & Boy Scout badge workshops and other youth and adult programs. In addition, this position may assist with development of curriculum for these programs.
The hours required for this position will vary dependent upon reservation and booking schedules. However, this position usually requires approximately 10-20 hours per week on average.
Please note that the above job description is not all inclusive of actual job duties and is meant to give an applicant a basic summary of the job opportunity being offered.
- Previous experience in teaching and/or leading school-aged children in hands-on activities and youth supervisory experience, a plus
- Some college education required. A bachelor's degree in education or science preferred
- Valid California Driver's license required
- Proof of vehicle insurance required
- Basic science content knowledge required
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to communicate and direct effectively, large and/or small groups of children, youth and/or adults
- Ability to communicate verbally in person, on the telephone, and in writing with students and adults
- Must be able to multi-task
Some of the benefits the Reuben H. Fleet Science Center offers part-time employees are:
- Complimentary passes to the Reuben H. Fleet Science Center
- Complimentary passes to other San Diego attractions
- Merchandise Discounts in the North Star Science Store
- Discounts at Galileo's Cafe
- Special Invitations to Private Employee-Only Events and Preview Film Screenings
Please send an application and/or resume
Human Resources Department (CL1400-SED01-13)
Reuben H. Fleet Science Center
P.O. Box 33303
San Diego, CA 92163
or via email with "Science Educator (CL1400-SED01-13)" in the subject line.
Please send resume in a format readable by Microsoft Word 2003 (.doc) or Adobe Reader (.pdf).
*** Please note: our firewall blocks all emails containing .zip file attachments. ***
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.
NO PHONE CALLS please. Due to the high volume of calls we are unable to respond to inquiries.