Ticket Services Manager
General Job Description:
This position is responsible for staffing, scheduling and supervising all box office staff; creates and reviews detailed financial reports; ensures all department and company policies and procedures are adhered to; and ensures that guests receive optimal service in a timely, professional and courteous manner. In addition, this position will also act as Manager-on-Duty (MOD) for rotating shifts with other frontline managers.
Must be available to work a schedule that will include weekends, evenings and holidays. Some late night, early morning and occasional overnight shifts may be required based upon special events and business needs.
Furthermore, this position will also be responsible for box office staff development, including coaching, training and disciplinary action, among other duties.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities, including mental requirements of position:
- Establishes box office operational and cash handling policies and procedures and ensures that staff correctly adheres to them.
- Will audit all box office reports to verify accuracy and completeness and ensure that all reports are submitted in a timely manner.
- Will create and maintain ad-hoc reports as requested by supervisor, executive management or accounting/hr department.
- Ensures that guest concerns are addressed in a professional and courteous manner.
- Must maintain thorough knowledge of emergency plan procedures and ensure staff are trained and kept current of emergency procedures.
- Manages box office department revenue and expense budget including personnel and operations expenses.
- Development, implementation and execution of all box office staff training programs. Will also create and present additional training modules as requested by supervisor or Human Resources.
- Will develop, update and maintain all Box Office Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) manuals.
- Responsible for interviewing and hiring all box office staff in accordance with human resources policy and procedures.
- Responsible for adequate staffing and schedule of all box office staff.
- Works directly with the Client Services Manager to provide adequate coverage for School Group check-ins.
- Responsible for performance evaluations of box office staff in accordance with Human Resources policy and procedures.
- Responsible for staff development, including coaching and disciplinary action.
- Will ensure that there are adequate loss prevention controls in place and that all loss control procedures are being followed.
- Responsible for managing safe and ensuring adequate cash is on hand for all cash handling departments (box office, café, store, ATM, etc.).
- Serves as Manager-on-Duty and/or back-up cashier as needed.
- Attends Manager Meetings and other meetings as required or requested by management or human resources.
- Will maintain ability to work a flexible schedule and be available to work day, evening, weekend, holiday and overnight shifts as needed.
- Other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Please note that the above job description is not all inclusive of actual job duties and is meant to give an applicant a basic summary of the job opportunity being offered.
Tools and equipment used to perform this position: Public address system, automated ticketing system, printer, PC, telephone, flashlights, Microsoft Office Suite, calculator/10-key, copier, fax, and radio.
Supervision, direction, or guidance provided for this position: Performs duties without supervision. Supervision needed to discuss non-routine questions or concerns.
Basic Selection Factors:
Applicants should meet these basic selection factors for consideration:
- Minimum of two years experience in a management position responsible for customer service, cash handling and staff supervision. Previous experience in a theater, museum, or other public attraction preferred.
- High school degree or equivalent required; college degree preferred
- Demonstrated strong presentation, facilitation, and training skills
- Demonstrated ability to provide excellent guest service and motivating staff to do the same
- Experience in budgeting and cost control
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to assign responsibilities, allocate resources and direct corrective action to attain favorable business impact
- Demonstrated ability to create, prepare, comprehend and troubleshoot complex reconciliation and accounting reports
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills preferred; advanced Excel experience a plus
- Current CPR/AED/First Aid certification, or ability to obtain certification within 30-days, if hired
- Strong mathematical skills are required in order to perform cash management procedures and reconciliation
- Strong ability to multi-task effectively.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and follow-through required
- Must be able to maintain a professional demeanor at all times
- Must be able to maintain focus during very busy periods
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Must be able to handle challenging guest relation issues and/or staff issues with diplomacy and tact while maintaining company policies and procedures
- Knowledge of safety, security, and loss prevention procedures helpful
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include: days, nights, weekends, and holidays as needed
Please note: final applicants may be tested on their computer software knowledge and may be asked to demonstrate writing, proofreading or other job-related skills.
To be considered for the job, applicants must be able to perform with reasonable accommodation, all physical & mental requirements of the position.
Light Work: Position involves sitting, standing, and/or walking. Position requires ability to frequently exert up to 10 pounds of force to move objects and occasionally exert up to 20 pounds of force to move objects.
Business Location Presence: This position requires physical presence at the business location during all assigned working hours in order to adequately perform all duties.
The following activities indicated by a Y (YES) are used in performing the job.
|N||Balance||Y||Carrying 1-10 lbs daily|
|N||Legs and arms (ladder)||N||Lifting 11-20 lbs occasionally|
|Y||Right finger dexterity||Y||Standing|
|Y||Working inside the building||Y||Ability to push a wheelchair|
|Y||Working with others||N||Climbing|
|N||Carrying 11-20 lbs daily||Y||Crouching|
|Y||Left finger dexterity||Y||Legs only (stairs)|
|N||Lifting 21-50 lbs daily||Y||Pulling|
|Y||Repetitive Motions||N||Shoulder mobility|
|N||Working outside the building||Y||Working alone|
|Y||Ability to spend entire shift standing and/or walking|
Does occupation involve exposure in these areas (yes or no)?
|N||Hazardous machinery||N||Vibration||N||Dust or Fumes|
|N||Cluttered floors||N||Poor ventilation||N||Possible burns|
|N||Electrical hazards||Y||Noise||N||Wet areas|
Persons who wish to be considered for this job must submit the following documents to Human Resources.
Please submit the following:
- Cover letter
- Salary requirements
- Employment Application
To: Human Resources Department (TSM 17-0614-13REF)
Reuben H. Fleet Science Center
P.O. Box 33303
San Diego, CA 92163
Or, via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with "Ticket Services Manager (TSM 17-0614-13REF)" in the subject line.
Please send resume in a format readable by Microsoft Word 2003 (.doc) or Adobe Reader (.pdf).
*** Please note: our firewall blocks all emails containing .zip file attachments. ***
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.
NO PHONE CALLS please. Due to the high volume of calls we are unable to respond to inquiries.
The Reuben H. Fleet Science Center is an equal opportunity employer. The Science Center does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, Vietnam Era Veteran or disabled veteran status, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation or any other protected status as provided by law.