Science on the Rocks
Love, Lust & Libido - The Chemistry of Sex
Thursday, May 15, 2014 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm
Science on the Rocks - Flashing a smile at the Step and Repeat wall
Science on the Rocks overview
Science on the Rocks - Science on the Rocks rock stars
Science on the Rocks - Our iconic Tornado exhibit is part of the party
Science on the Rocks - Science on the Rocks party people
Science on the Rocks - The red carpet entrance
Science on the Rocks - Science on the Rocks party pals
Science on the Rocks - The dance floor
Science on the Rocks - Stealing a kiss at the Step and Repeat wall
We're turning up the heat. Our next party is scheduled ... Are you ready for it?
Love, Lust and Libido: The Chemistry of Sex
Birds do it. Bees do it. Even educated fleas do it ...
Peep into the science of sex by exploring the laws of attraction, tinkering with sex toys and finding answers to questions surrounding the hot topic of sex. As always, your ticket will include complimentary food and drink samples, fascinating presentations and intriguing activities. Don't be uptight. Join the fun!
ADVANCE TICKET PRICES:
$25 for nonmembers in advance
$22.50 for students and military with I.D. in advance
$20 for Fleet members, Fleet staff and volunteers, and Balboa Park employees in advance
Tickets at the door are $30, no discounts.
This event is open to savvy adults ages 21 and over only. I.D. is required. A cash bar features beer, wine and select cocktails.
In person: Buy at the Fleet ticket counter, open at 10 a.m. daily.
By phone: Call the Fleet’s Client Services Department at (619) 238-1233 x 806.
For up-to-the-minute party news, visit us on Facebook.
Did you make it to our last party? If not, here's what you missed:
Let your inner rock star take center stage on Thursday, January 23, 6:30–9:30 p.m. at The Science of Rock: Sounds & Stones. Explore rocks both musical and metamorphic, make coins shriek, design your own guitar pick and reaffirm that diamonds are a girl’s best friend.
- Strum the world’s largest playable guitar in the electrifying exhibition GUITAR: The Instrument That Rocked the World.
- Indulge in savory bites from the Hard Rock Hotel’s Maryjane’s Coffee Shop, barleymash, Slater's 50/50, Uptown Tavern and Sadie Rose Baking Co.
- Sample sweet sips from California Fruit Wine and enjoy beer tastings from Helm's Brewing Co., Aztec Brewing Company and Port Brewing Company/The Lost Abbey.
- Get the band back together and play Rock Band, courtesy of Mad Catz, or step off the stage and enjoy live music from Amerikan Bear.
- Learn about the history and science of jazz guitar with luthier and musician Howard Paul of Benedetto Guitars.
- Make your own guitar pick and try your hand at turntable art.
- Investigate metamorphic rocks—e.g., diamonds!—with the experts from Leo Hamel Fine Jewelers.
|We thank our event supporters:|
|We also thank our event partners:|