- At The Fleet
The Discoverers [IMAX]Feel the Courage. Live the Adventure.This film will show as part of Senior Monday on Monday, Dec. 2, only. Based on the Pulitzer Prize-winning book by Daniel J. Boorstin, this stunning film relives some of mankind's greatest moments of discovery, including Magellan's expedition to find the...
Back for a limited run in December 2013! Encounter the wilds of California as you sky surf over San Diego at 150mph, ride down a 25-foot wave at Maverick’s, snowboard the Sierra’s highest peaks and drop 130 feet into the center of a giant Sequoia! From...
What you can't see is right before your eyes!Mysteries of the Unseen World provides you with an incredible look at things that are normally too slow, too fast, too small or too vast for the human eye to see. The film's innovative use of high-speed and time-lapse photography, electron microscopy and...
Deep Sea [IMAX]Sea Life in a Whole New WayDirected by San Diego resident and world-renowned underwater cinematographer Howard Hall, DEEP SEA will transport audiences deep below the ocean surface to swim with some of the most exotic creatures on the planet, from the bizarre Rainbow Nudibranch to...
Technology Takes OffExplore aerodynamics and flight technology in the Fleet’s newest exhibition, On the Fly: Technology Takes Off. The exhibition features multiple daily performances by small-scale unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), complemented by interactive stations where...
The Instrument That Rocked the WorldStarting December 20th, the Fleet Science Center will ROCK you! The Reuben H. Fleet Science Center is cranking science up to 11 this winter with the West Coast premiere of GUITAR: The Instrument That Rocked the World! Experience the guitar through...
Get Your Hands On ScienceOur Main Gallery exhibition combines some of our all-time favorites with exciting interactive exhibits from San Francisco’s Exploratorium. This collection features opportunities to explore mechanics, motion, math, hearing, electricity and many other...
Celebrate the Season at the FleetBalboa Park December Nights is the largest free community festival in San Diego. Come to Balboa Park and celebrate the holidays with lights, food, music and fun. The two-day extravaganza, Balboa Park's holiday gift to San Diego, features international...
A Live Concert Series Celebrating GUITARThe Fleet is ready to ROCK with our first-ever live concert series! Each show will feature: Two performances: an awesome opening act and a rockin' headliner Food for purchase from The French Gourmet Beer, wine and cocktails available at the no-...
An Early Morning Comet ISON CelebrationCOFFEE & COMETS is an early morning celebration for Comet ISON on Tuesday, November 26, at 5:30AM! This event has reached its registration capacity. SIGN UP FOR THE WAITLIST HERE Comet ISON has raised a lot of hope among skywatchers. The comet is...
The First Monday of Each MonthThe first Monday of every month, seniors 65 and better can enjoy the Science Center exhibits, a show in the Heikoff Giant Dome Theater and a lecture on the quietest day of the month for only $8! No coupons or additional discounts are accepted. The Fleet'...
The Science of ROCKOur next Science on the Rocks party is Thursday, January 23: The Science of ROCK! Our most recent party was on October 17. Look for pictures on our Science on the Rocks Facebook page soon. Didn't make it? Here's what you missed: Fall in love with...
Fleet volunteers and interns come from all different backgrounds, each with their own unique skills and expertise. What they have in common is their curiosity, love of learning, enthusiasm, and dedication to creating an excellent guest experience. In...
- Adult Programs
- Family Programs
- Youth Programs
- School Programs
- Outreach Programs
- Family Science Nights
- Guided Tours
- Nierman Challenger Learning Center
- IMAX Films
- Exhibit Galleries
- Home School Classes
- Special Events
- Teacher Guide
- Registration and Field Trip Policies
- Contact the Education Department
- Teacher Professional Development
- Nierman Challenger Learning Center
- Science Blog
- About Us
Science on the Rocks
The Science of ROCK
Thursday, Jan 23, 2014 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm
Science on the Rocks - Flashing a smile at the Step and Repeat wall
Science on the Rocks overview
Science on the Rocks - Science on the Rocks rock stars
Science on the Rocks - Our iconic Tornado exhibit is part of the party
Science on the Rocks - Science on the Rocks party people
Science on the Rocks - The red carpet entrance
Science on the Rocks - Science on the Rocks party pals
Science on the Rocks - The dance floor
Science on the Rocks - Stealing a kiss at the Step and Repeat wall
Science is tasty
Our next Science on the Rocks party is Thursday, January 23: The Science of ROCK!
Our most recent party was on October 17. Look for pictures on our Science on the Rocks Facebook page soon.
Didn't make it? Here's what you missed:
Fall in love with chocolate all over again at Chocolate Unwrapped: The Science of Flavor.
- Delight in delicious tastes from Eclipse Chocolate, along with an unexpected chocolate and beer pairing with Green Flash. Chocolatier Will Gustwiller will debut his delectable beer-infused truffles.
- Sample suds from Aztec Brewing, Helm’s Brewing Company, Manzanita Brewing Company and St. Archer’s.
- Make way for Moonshine! Manzanita Distilling Company will debut their not-yet-on-the-shelves smooth Moonshine, available as a shot or in a lemon drop.
- Sip wines of the world from PRP Wines International.
- Taste culinary treats from local restaurants, including Ritual Tavern, serving coffee-chocolate stout braised beef brisket with sweet potato mashers, and East Village Tavern & Bowl, offering blackened chicken orzo pasta and mini chocolate parfaits.
- Watch our scientist make ice cream in a flash using liquid nitrogen.
- Extract DNA from a strawberry and see if you can find the secret to its sweetness.
- Take the Skittles Blind Taste Test!
- Burn off the calories by shakin’ it to the sounds of DJ Will Hernandez and Drumbeats by Dre.
- Satisfy your hunger for knowledge with a presentation from Senomyx on the science behind your taste buds.
- Acquire scientific justification for chocolate intake when Dr. Francisco Villarreal provides insights on the health benefits of chocolate.
- ... And more!
This event is open to adults ages 21+ only. I.D. is required. A cash bar features beer, wine and cocktails.
For up-to-the-minute party news, visit us on Facebook.
|We also thank our event partners:|