School Programs bookings are going on now.
The Reuben H. Fleet Science Center seeks to inspire lifelong learning by furthering the public understanding and enjoyment of science and technology.
The Fleet Education Department seeks to develop and implement a wide array of educational and innovative programs and exhibits to promote lifelong learning and a deep appreciation of science and technology for the entire community.
As an informal education and inquiry-based institution, the Reuben H. Fleet Science Center offers a number of activities designed to immerse your students in an interactive science experience.
Educational experiences include:
- Science To Go Programs
- Guided Tours
- Family Science Nights
- Science Station Investigation
- Hands-on Exhibitions
- Nierman Challenger Learning Center
- IMAX® Films
IMAX® is a registered trademark of IMAX Corporation.
Scholarships for many of our programs are available to schools based on financial need. Other restrictions may apply. For more information on scholarship availability, please call (619) 238-1233 ext. 806.
- American Association of University Women
- Best Buy Children’s Foundation
- 2012 OH! Zone/Friends of the Fleet
- Geoff Haines-Sites Productions, Inc.
- Goodrich Foundations, Inc.
- Motorola Mobility Foundation
- Nokia, Inc.
- Price Family Charitable Fund
- Reuben H. Fleet Foundation Fund
- The Rice Family Foundation
- Scholarshare Investment Board
- The Takahashi Family Fund
- Wells Fargo Foundation
Educational programs are supported in part by funding from the City of San Diego Commission for Arts and Culture, Neighborhood Reinvestment Program grants from San Diego County Supervisor Pam Slater-Price, District 3 and Community Enhancement Program grants from San Diego County Supervisors Ron Roberts, District 4 and Greg Cox, District 1. Additional support provided by Biogen Idec Foundation, Viterbi Family Foundation, ScholarShare College Savings Plan, and members of the Reuben H. Fleet Science Center.