Science on the Rocks
Raise a glass for the next Science on the Rocks party!
The Science of Spirits: Craft Cocktails
Thursday, October 16, 6:30 to 9:30 p.m.
We’re stirring up the fun at our next party, The Science of Spirits: Craft Cocktails. We’ll tantalize you with sips and stories from San Diego's best bartenders and reveal the chemistry behind your favorite whistle-wetters. You'll enjoy sweet and savory food and drink samples, intriguing activities and fascinating chats with experts.
- Be tempted by sinful sips from Twisted Manzanita Spirits, Deadhead Rum and Ballast Point Brewing and Spirits.
- Join the Spirit Society and take a personal and up-close cocktail class with the expert bartenders from Polite Provisions.
- Sample bites courtesy of South Park Abbey, Sadie Rose Bakery, the Patio Restaurant Group, Terra Catering & Events, Glass Door and Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina.
- Shake, stir and swizzle! Join Polite Provisions owner, Erick Castro, as he reveals the craft of cocktails and the elements that distinguish a handmade libation from a run-of-the-mill drink.
- Explore the distilling process with experts from Deadhead Rum, The Twisted Manzanita Spirits and Ballast Point Spirits. From ingredient selection to bottling the finished product, craft distilling combines art and technology to create pure cocktail pleasure.
- Take it slow and make your own Super Slo-Mo Video, thanks to A Little Scene.
- And dive into DNA in our new exhibition, Genome: Unlocking Life’s Code.
Advance sales end at 4 p.m. the day of the event. Tickets at the door are $30, no discounts.
This event is open to savvy adults ages 21 and over only. I.D. is required. A cash bar features beer, wine and select cocktails. Tickets for this event are on sale now.
For up-to-the-minute party news, visit us on Facebook.
|We thank our event supporters:|
|We also thank our event partners:|