Sleepovers at the Fleet
Have you ever wanted to spend an adventurous night in a museum?
You can have the opportunity to explore mind-boggling illusions, the science behind how human cells are formed, the importance of water conservation and more in our eight interactive exhibit galleries. You will also get to attend two fun, educational workshops, participate in a scavenger hunt, and view an IMAX movie in the Heikoff Giant Dome Theater.
This is the perfect opportunity for you and your organization to have an amazing night of fun, with the added bonus of learning about science and the world around you.
Your night of fun includes:
- Fleet Science Center admission and exploration of our hands-on, do touch interactive exhibit galleries that provide a unique, self-guided learning experience for all ages
- An IMAX® show in the world's first Giant Dome Theater. Come nose-to-nose with wild animals, plunge deep into the ocean to swim with sea creatures or blast into space to discover new galaxies!
- Two fun, hands-on educational workshops
- A scavenger hunt in the science center
- Music and dancing
- A light continental breakfast
For questions, call our Special Events Department at (619) 238-1233 ext.761.
Upcoming Public Sleepovers:
July 8 - 9 Boy Scout Public Sleepover
Boy Scouts and leaders from all over San Diego and Orange County are invited to spend the night at the Fleet Science Center. Register on Eventbrite before Saturday, May 20, 2017.
September 9 - 10 Girl Scout Public Sleepover
Girl Scouts and leaders from all over San Diego and Orange County are invited to spend the night at the Fleet Science Center. Register before Saturday, August 26, 2017.
Basic Sleepover Package: $55 per child, parent and/or guardian.
Deluxe Sleepover Package: $75 per child, parent and/or guardian.
Includes: A pizza dinner, milk and a cookie snack.
Snacks will be available for purchase from our concession stand. Pizza, milk and cookies must be pre-paid with the Deluxe Sleepover Package.
If you cancel 10 days or more prior to the sleepover, 50% of your payment will be refunded. If you cancel fewer than 10 days prior to the sleepover, no refund will be issued.
- A minimum of one adult chaperone is required for every five children.
- Checkin is 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Saturday night.
- Check out is from 8:00 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. Sunday morning.
What to Pack:
- Your most comfortable clothes, socks and shoes. Pajamas are okay.
- Some areas of the science center are warmer than others. It is recommended to dress in layers.
- Sleeping bag or non-plug-in air mattress and pillow (no cots). A camp pad/yoga mat is okay.
- Toothbrush and toothpaste.
- Suitcase, heavy-duty trash bag or other bag large enough for all of your belongings with your name clearly labeled.
- Emergency medical information of each child (parent/guardian must keep this information ready throughout the event).
- Flashlight (parent/guardian only).
- Optional: Additional attractions require $1 bills.
What NOT to Pack for Safety Reasons:
- Hair dryers, curling irons, hair spray, etc.
- Tablets or phones. (Only parents/guardians may bring electronic devices.)
- Valuables (The Fleet Science Center is not responsible for lost or missing items. Please leave valuables at home.)